Check UCN Validity
In this page you will be able to check celab documents and their regulation. Most of documents issued by celab are marked with an UCN number. Before using such documents check their validity status and applicability in this web page. DO NOT USE OUR CERTIFICATE before checking them in this web site
The UCN number is composed by 12 digits and is written in the first page of the certificate
The email: asks for information about the UCN:
Before giving you instruction please read the following:
- - Certificate will be relative to Certificate of Conformity OR to Certificate of Compliance.
- - CELAB is CELAB SRL - Italy
1. Scope of the certificate.
The certificate is a voluntary document, issued on request of manufacturer, that provide the opinion of CELAB that manufacturer hold some document that was inspected by CELAB with the extension on what is indicated in the certificate. The certificate is a Technical Opinion issued by CELAB to the manufacturer of the product where, after review of a sample of document issued by manufacturer, CELAB certify his opinion regarding the conformity between the product and some of (not ALL) the prescription of the standards and/or the technical requirements of the directive as indicated in the certificate.
The ONLY Scope of this certificate IS:
- - A voluntary document requested by the manufacturer;
- - Allow the manufacturer to demonstrate to a customer that a product was tested without need to give him test reports ( if both manufacturer and final customer recognize CELAB opinion) in preliminary relationship;
- - Allow a private customer( Company not physical person) to have an evidence that an independent 3th part have assessed the documentation on voluntary basis and express an opinion;
- - Such certificate will need to be used only between companies that recognize this agreement and are intended to be used between private company for commercial issue;
- - To provide an added value for manufacturer in situation where the manufacturer don’t want to provide to his customer copy of test reports in preliminary relationship;
- - Certificate issued by CELAB can be used only for use accepted by laws. All other scope in use of certificate are not approved , recommended by CELAB or can be AGAINST the LAW.
The certificate IS NOT:
- - Issued as Notified Body ( note that some product require notified body before put in the market the product) so do not confuse this document with document issued by notified bodies;
- - Intended to demonstrate conformity of the product to custom, authority or for government control;
- - An authorization by Celab to put the CE marking on the product;
- - A legal requirement for CE marking activities;
- - A Law requirement ( as they are voluntary certificate);
- - A declaration of conformity;
- - Issued in the quality ,role or the task of a Notified Body a Certification Body a An accredited body;
- - An assertion of responsibility of CELAB relating to the product, the process or the manufacturer;
- - used for CUSTOM or as evidence on CE Marking;
- - To be used by private people ( physical person);
- - In NO CASE such certificate can be used to demonstrate CE Marking compliance;
- - The assessment provided by CELAB is NOT relative to : The product; The production; The law requirements; The work performed or that will be performed by Notified Bodies.
- - Is not an authorization to use CELAB name in the product, the instruction, box or in marketing materials;
- - Is not an authorization to use CELAB number ( 2037 ) in the product, the instruction, box or in marketing materials;
In case of doubt on using this certificate, do not use it and consult a consultant or expert or contact CELAB for request of information at email@example.com
!!!!! Note CELAB is NOT a notified body for the activity indicated in the certificate.
2. Release of certificates
- - These certificates are issued on a voluntary basis on request of manufacturer.
- - Once received a request from the manufacturer or the applicant a sample of documents related to the technical construction file of a product is inspected by CELAB.
- - The certificate is released only when there is a positive opinion from CELAB that the sample of the technical construction file ( test reports, documentations, instruction manuals, design) provide enough evidence
- - of cover what is indicated in the document.
- - The inspection is related to the physical propriety of a product as described in the documentation and not the legal requirements of directives.
- - The CERTIFICATE will be released in English Language.
- - The CERTIFICATE will contain ONLY the reference to the Manufacturer.
- - Each certificate will be provided with an number ( Named UCN ), that will identify in an unique way, the document. Change to the certificate will change the UCN Number.
- - Each certificate will be supplied exclusively in electronic format.
3. Validity of certificates
The certificate are valid only if is possible to check them in the www.celab.com web site and have 3 years of validity;
If a certificate is withdraw the certificate will be deleted from the WEB system. If a certificate is not in this web site, it means is not valid.
4. Withdraw of certificate
The certificate are withdraw if:
- - there is a reasonable justification that the product do not comply with the requirement of what indicated in the certificate;
- - when this agreement was not addressed;
- - When the user don’t pay the fee;
- - On request of manufacturer;
- - The manufacturer do a misuse of the certificate( for example use it for custom ).
5. Right Owners
Celab® is a registered trade mark, the certificate do not transfer any right on CELAB mark.
The CERTIFICATE will remain property of CELAB.
6. Responsibility of manufacturer
The manufacturer will :
- - Not change the product using the same identification data without getting approval from CELAB;
- - Provide to CELAB the enough evidence to demonstrate compliance with the requested inspection need;
- - Never request to destroy or delete such documents;
- - Give the right revision of documents ( Technical Construction File);
- - Issue all feedback ( positive or compliant trough the web site www.celab.com);
- - Provide valid a true informations in the application form and in the technical construction file;
- - Advice CELAB, at firstname.lastname@example.org , for any compliant received for the product in reference of the CERTIFICATE;
- - Be the only responsible for documents, test reports and evidence supplied to CELAB for assessment;
- - Comply with applicable directive requirements;
- - Involve notified body when required;
- - Consign a copy of this regulation together with the certificate;
- - Comply with CE marking regulations;
- - Use Certificate ONLY for safe and legal products;
- - not involve CELAB in any conflict with no one including customers, users of certificate and governments body;
- - Hold copy of technical construction file for at least 10 years
- - Do not show the certificate for CUSTOM or LEGAL purpose.
- - Advice his customer that the certificate can not be used for CE marking laws requirements.
7. Responsibility of CELAB
The ONLY responsibility hold by CELAB are :
- - Inspect a sample of the technical construction file as given by the manufacturer;
- - Issue a certificate when there is the opinion that the technical documents given by the manufacturer comply with technical requirements and only for scope of this agreement;
- - Release the certificate only for scope allowed by laws;
- - Take the maximum confidential about such data, avoiding to give any evidence to 3-parth excluding laws requests;
- - Withdraw the certificate in the case defined in this agreement;
- - The time required to take a decision form the moment that the technical construction file is ready and all documents required by CELAB was arranged by customer are maximum 15 days.
- - Avoid to give information to the 3-Parth excluding for what described in the certificate and for what required by governments.
All other responsibility are expressly excluded and in charge of Manufacturer.
8. Exclusion of responsibility and role from CELAB
CELAB is not responsible for :
- - Production, Maintenance, Technical Assistance on the product;
- - Assess the production site as this is outside of the scope of agreement;
- - Check the toughness of documents received from the manufacturer;
- - Check or approval of administrative/legislative issues;
- - Testing or inspection of the product;
- - Check the production site;
- - Hold the technical construction file;
- - Assume the role of Notified Body; Manufacturer; Importer; Authorized Representative; Distributor; Testing Laboratory; Repairing , Sales , Consultant;
- - Give any warranty or responsibility on the product;
- - CE marking in the product;
- - Compliance of the product on the applicable law requirements;
- - Use of certificate for scope not allowed by laws;
- - Other responsibility expressly included in this agreement.
9. Responsibility of user of certificate
The USER of certificate is everyone that use the certificate for any scope.
The User of Certificate have the full responsibility of :
- - Use certificate ONLY for scope allowed by law ad by this agreement;
- - Verify their validity of certificate for his intended purpose BEFORE use;
- - Advice CELAB at email@example.com for any problem related to safety of the product;
- - Comply with applicable laws requirements;
- - Use the products for their intended use;
- - Take the responsibility on certificate use;
- - Use only the certificate when there is a full understanding of the scope of the certificate;
- - Understand that the certificate are for professional user that understand the scope of them and not for the general public;
- - Avoid to publicize in a misuses or in a way that It can confuse general public;
- - The user of the certificate will Always do not use the certificate for customs control or public authority requirement control;
- - Avoid to induce the market on a different destination of use of the certificate different from what stated in this agreement;
- - not involve CELAB in any conflict with no one including customers, users of certificate and governments body;
- - Accept the certificate ONLY if full understand and accepting this regulation;
- - Avoid to use the certificate for scope different from what described in this agreement;
- - Advice CELAB for any type of abuse of certificate of a risk or compliant for such type of product. sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating as object : UCN:XXX with the UCN number of the certificate;
- - Check the last release of this agreement in the www.celab.com web site, thought the Check Validity and UCN number before USE;
- - Stop to use the certificate if do not accept this regulation OR the certificate is not in the www.celab.com web site;
- - Give the certificate to 3th parth ONLY with this text in attachment.
10. CE Marking General information’s
All person/company/body involved on a CE marking manufacturing is responsible to perform the tasks indicate in the directive. Full text of directives can be found in ce-marking.help or we recommend to search in such web site the applicable laws BEFORE introducing in the European Market products.
11. Legislative framework
The law applicable to this agreement is ITALIAN, the court will be Latina-ITALY.
12. Compliant on Certificate
The Manufacturer will be able to issue an appeal to the result of the technical process sending an email to email@example.com, the work will be re-evaluated by the same person that did the first assessment.
In case of complaints received for the certificate issued by CELAB from 3-Parth.; Celab will advice customers in order to investigate reason of complaints. If the complaints will be considered acceptable, the certificate will be withdraw.
The customer will be able to issue all feedback ( positive or compliant trough the web site www.celab.com)
13. Change in this Agreement
This agreement is subjected to continuous review. Is responsibility on user of certificate to check the last release of this agreement in the CELAB web site.
Where the user found that something in this agreement is not acceptable, he will need to stop to use or accept the certificate for all use.
SPECIAL CORONAVIRUS ADVICE:
MANY IMPORTERS AND COMPANY ARE MAKING A MISUSE OF CELAB CERTIFICATES, CELAB LOGO, CELAB NOTIFIED BODY. SUCH USE IS AGAINST THE LAW. USE THE CERTIFICATE ONLY FOR WHAT IS INDICATED ON THE AGREEEMENT.
- - NOTE THAT PERSONAL PROTECTIVE DEVICES ( MASK ) WILL REQUIRE NOTIFIED BODY.
- - NOTE THAT MEDICAL DEVICE MASK WILL REQUIRE A REGISTRATION.
- - NOTE IF YOU SEE 2037 PRINTED IN THE PRODUCT THE PRODUCT IS FAKE
- - NOTE IF YOU SEE CELAB LOGO PRINTED IN THE PRODUCT THE PRODUCT IS FAKE
- - NOTE IF YOU SEE A CERTIFICATE WITH WWW.CELABITALIA.COM WEB SITE IS FAKE
- - NOTE IF YOU SEE A CERTIFICATE WITHOUT FULL REGULATION THE CERTIFICATE IS FAKE